How the Ethylene Catalyst works:
- Air from the cold chamber is drawn in by one of the two fans.
- The ethylene contained is burnt in the central part (catalytic layer heated to 230° – 260°C) by an electric resistance.
- The air is then cooled by passing through a heat exchanger and is released back into the chamber free of ethylene molecules.
- Flow direction is cyclically reversed so that the air released is at a temperature close to that of the chamber.
- Application in CA
- Gas tight
- Pipe connections
- Can be mounted outside the cold chamber
- Guarantees levels < 0.02 ppm
- Power (kW) 50 Hz: 2.6 – 6.2 kW
- Capacity: 200-600 tonnes